How do I keep my new PU screed floor clean and beautiful?
How do I keep my PU screed floor clean and beautiful? A common question we get asked a lot.
DHT Bedrijfsvloeren thinks it is important to deliver a perfect floor to ensure that you will enjoy your floor without any worries.
The following cleaning recommendations apply to all PU screed floors.
What can you clean use to clean your floor wet?
For daily cleaning of your PU screed floor we recommend a PU cleaner from Dr Schutz or RZ for example. Best is to apply this cleaner to a lukewarm light damp microfibre flat mop (low pile). Use dosage according to the label. There is no soap in this PU cleaner. Make sure you have multiple flatmops for a cleaning surface more than 30m2. Keep a clean flat mop aside to avoid cleaning the floor with a dirty mop.
Why use a PU Cleaner and not a regular detergent?
In almost all regular detergents soap is added. These will eventually create a dull haze on your floor. Of course it is wise to clean the floor dry, before cleaning the floor wet.
We give the advice to use Dr. Shutz Clean & Strip once every half a year. This is the intensive cleaning product for PU floors with heavy soiling, dosage according to the label. Treat with a semi-wet flat mop, allow the product to absorb for 20 minutes, then dry the floor or dry in combination with a water vacuum.
Which products can you use to dry your floor?
For dry cleaning of your floor you can opt for a vacuum cleaner with a soft parquet brush mouth (these are available for each brand), a soft broom or a Swiffer. This allows you to quickly and easily remove the coarse dirt from the floor.
You can compare a cast floor in terms of quality with an exclusive wooden floor or natural stone floor. One of the big differences is that a cast floor has the advantage of being seamless, which makes cleaning a lot easier and does not have to be waxed every few months.
A cast floor is built up of layers. The top layer can wear out over the years due to intensive use. We advise you to contact us after 6 years so that we can determine whether a new top layer is necessary.
- Do not wet the floor within the first 7 days after installing the new floor
- Never use scouring pads when cleaning a screed floor
- Do not use brooms with hard hair
- Place pads under your furniture to protect the floor. we recommend the felts of Scratch no More (scratchnomore.nl)
- Try to move your furniture as little as possible. If necessary, It’s best to lift it to avoid any scratching.
- A doormat and good floormat keep out a lot of dirt. We recommend a mat with rubber nitryl (it does not contain tantin) and is not harmful to your floor. All other mats with vinyl PVC contain so-called plasticizers.
- Clean up to 30 m2 with a flat mop
- Never wash the flat mop with fabric softener
- Dirty stain? Use the RZ stain remover
- Greenspeed flat mop, simple and quick cleaning of your floor with this flat mop with water reservoir https://www.greenspeed.eu/index.asp
For more information or questions, mail us at email@example.com.